St Croix River Road Ramblings

Welcome to River Road Ramblings.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Myasthenia Gravis

I got an email this week from an acquaintance who said he had heard I have Myasthenia Gravis (MG).  He said about a year ago, he got diagnosed with it too.  He read some of my posts on this blog about myasthenia gravis when I was having problems back in 2012,2013 and sent along a log of his year and 3 months.  Very similar to my experiences.  

My MG has been in full remission without medications now for 25 months, a rare occurence for those of us with MG -- something like 10-15% get these breaks from the illness that last months to years.  I hope mine lasts longer than I do. 

Anyway, if someone should actually drop here and wonder about MG, I do have a somewhat chronological account of my illness written over the year I had it.  I had thoughts of turning it into a book, but wondered why I would do that.  

So, on the chance you are interested in MG, you can read the posts (unedited--just as they were written while on many mind altering treatments) at this link 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8SQWdFJt54LYUJQbjJ4SGNyWkk/view

It is 100 or more pages long and a lot of reading along with some rambling about the bushes along the way.  A few attempts at humor, but mostly the progression from symptoms, diagnosis, hospital and on to remission.