St Croix River Road Ramblings

Welcome to River Road Ramblings.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rocky Times

My friends Dan and Evie Beal have moved to the Twin Cities as their health has become more of a problem in their 80th decade.  Dan, longtime president of the Indianhead Gem and Mineral Society decided it was time to share some of his equipment and collections with his fellow rock hounds.  Although I didn't get a photo of Dan, I did get a few of the sale.   

  I bought a tile cutter that Dan bought to show us that rock cutting could be done without fancy equipment.  Yes, Margo, I will now cut those 5 tiles to finish the floor in our Pine Island house that I have been planning on doing since 1999. 








Don't forget the huge Indianhead Gem and Mineral Society Rock Sale and Show at Frederic WI last weekend in July!