St Croix River Road Ramblings

Welcome to River Road Ramblings.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Father's Day gift

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-7-Tablet-with-Google-Play/22127002

Son Scott, unbeknownst to him until he gets the bill, got me my Father's Day gift early!   A $72 (with tax) tablet computer.   I already had one, but it had flaws and was a year old, so desperately needed a newer better version.

Being quite frugal, I checked this one out -- generally quite well rated online and had all the features I missed in my old tablet--nicer touch response, camera, full Google Play store, USB, SD microchip and so on.  After day 1, I am fully functional with mail, facebook, browser, bookreader, and online newspapers all setup and readable.

Heck of a deal!  One of the best Father's day gifts in a while!